Thursday 25 June 2009

Ankles and Slinkies

Ankles, ankles, ankles.

Deary me! Ankles are probably one of the WORST places you can hurt yourself on your body, (well, sort of) because it can take the longest amount of time to heal. They are also painful and you find it hard to walk on them... so in effect, you walk with a limp and damage other parts of your body (mainly the other leg and your back) thus making a never ending cycle of misery!

Just to let you know, I pulled a ligament in my right ankle on Tuesday during basketball and had to stay off school on Wednesday, because it was too painful to walk. Today it has been a bit sore but my trusty Converse has saved me because they supported my ankle properly.

Ah, the SLINKY!

Slinkies are probably the best toy ever created. So simple and a complete classic. A spring. Who would have thought that it would have been so successful? I mean, it has been around since 1945 and is still going strong. And of course, the famous Jingle is legend:

What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, and makes a slinkity sound?
A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing! Everyone knows it's Slinky.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky. For fun it's a wonderful toy.
It's Slinky, it's Slinky. It's fun for a girl or a boy.
It's fun for a girl or a boy!
Ah, no one can get that out of their head very well. The other day I was looking up Rubik's Cubes on Amazon, to see how much they cost and the different types you could get! And then I looked up Slinky and it came up with the slinky, are rip-off called, "Springy" and guess what!

Halfway down the page was the Classic Rubik's Cube...

...its a strange life!

Peace and Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment